Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dawning Star For FATE Core

A total of 802 pages of great SF 

+Lee Hammock has started posting design  notes for a FATE Core reimagining of his Dawning Star SF RPG setting. I'm really excited to see this happening, as Dawning Star, published by Blue Devil Games, was one of the high points in independent creative design during the d20 boom.

(Blue Devil Games' Passages is another gem of streamlined d20 Victoriana. Fans of our sister blog, The Everwayan, are encouraged to check out that multiversal gate-based RPG. )

Dawning Star has serious space opera appeal with simply great art and a clean graphic design, thanks to the art direction of Danilo Moretti.

I am sure the new iteration using FATE Core will be just as spectacular.

A post on the overall project is here.

That is followed by a post on Dawning Star species for FATE Core.

6 comments:

  1. Seems like a lot of science fiction stuff has been coming out recently. Maybe I'm just more attuned to it of late, but it just seems like there's been a bit of an up tic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a vet welcome development!

      Delete
    2. It's not just you, Trey, there really is a much larger than usual volume of sf out for gaming lately and in the works, and with a remarkably high level of quality. I am super happy about it all.

      Delete
  2. Man, this means I'ma goinna hafta buy Dawning Star again...oh well, at least it is an excellent setting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had similar thoughts, Jacob. My internal justification is that since I have sold off my copy of D20 Modern, I will NEED the new books to run the setting with FATE Core.

      Seriously though, my understanding is that the timeline is being advanced a bit so I am sure there will be new content.

      Delete